Python is a great multipurpose programming language which is created by Guido van Rossum. In the late 1980s, Guido Van Rossum was operating in the group of distributed operating systems Amoeba. He required to utilize a language interpreted as ABC (ABC has a simple and easy to understand syntax) that could access calls from the Amoeba system. Then, he determined to produce an extensible language. It led to the blueprint of a new language that was later called Python. It has a secure and easy-to-use syntax, making it the ideal language for someone who wants to learn computer programming for the initial time.
The Python language is perfect language because it is the easiest one and easy to learn for the people who want to be a programmer.
Reasons to select Python as a First Language
1. Programming in Python is amusing:- It is simplest to understand and write Python code. The syntax of python is very natural. Take the following source code for an example.
a = 2,
b = 3
Sum = a + b
Even if a person has never programmed earlier, then he can easily guess that the above code of the program is adding two numbers and prints them.
2. Not too strict:- It is not necessary to define the type of a variable in Python. Also, it is not essential to append a semicolon at the last of the declaration.
3. Python forces a person to follow good practices:- (such as proper indentation). These little things can make learning so much easier for beginners.
4. Language expressivity:- Python allows a programmer to write code for specific programs that have more functionality with fewer lines of code. The source code of the Tic-tac-toe game with a graphical interface and a neat computer opponent in a smaller amount of code than 500 lines of code. It is an example. A person can be surprised that how much he can do with Python once he learns the basics.
5. Great community and support:- Python has a huge support community. Many active online forums can be useful if a programmer is stuck anywhere in the code. Some of them are:
- Learn Python subreddit
- Google Forum for Python
- Python questions – Stack overflow
What software is utilizing for Python?
1. The Python programming language, which has formed a stir in the world of technology by being simple to code match up to C ++ and Java. Python is a high-end general function programming language that is simple to code, read and maintain. With Python, people can produce and build an application or update one.
Python worked on all technologies and admired in the various fields such as web development, data analysis, data science, computer graphics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and extensive data, amongst others.
2. The python software covers all Python basics such as basic Python syntax, language components, collections, functions, modules, exceptions, input-output, classes, regular expressions, built-in libraries, third-party modules and advanced concepts in the python software platform. These concepts are generally utilizing in current industry standards. Python programmers will get experience for practical learning, so it is more appropriate for the programmers who initiate their programming in terms of career perspectives.
3. Python is the significant languages utilize for the progress of web and desktop applications. Python has various characteristics that take care of general programming tasks. Python is easy to learn and easy to implement. Sometimes, Python is slower than other broadly used programming languages such as Java. Python applications can accelerate to continue the code and utilize the custom runtime.
4. Python supports modules and packages, which support the modularity of the program and the use again of the code. Python offers an enhancement in productivity, which makes it the first option of developers. It has a great learning bend since it maintains the functional and procedural programming language. It is open source and can distribute freely.
The programming language is selected mainly based on the necessities and compatibility with platforms and databases.
Characteristics of python programming
1. A simple language and more comfortable to learn
Python has the most general and straightforward syntax. It is very more convenient to read and write Python programs as compared to other various languages such as C++, Java, C#. Python builds programming as fun and allows the programmer to concentrate on the solution, not on the syntax.
2. Free and open source
Programmers can freely utilize and distribute Python, even for business use also. Not only can a programmer use and distribute software written on it, but anyone can also perform modifications to the Python source code. Python has a vast community that regularly get better it in every iteration.
Programmer can move Python programs from any specific platform to another and run that particular program without any modification. It runs smoothly on approximately all platforms, like Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
4. Extensible and integrable
For example, an application needs high performance. Programmer can quickly join pieces of C/C++ or other languages with the code of Python language. It will give the application a high performance, as well as scripting abilities that different languages may not offer immediately.
5. High level interpreted language
Like C / C ++, programmer does not have to concern about daunting tasks like memory management, garbage collection, etc. Similarly, when a programmer run the Python code, it routinely converts the python code to the language that a particular computer understands. A programmer does not need to be bothered about any lower level operation.
6. Large standard libraries to resolve common tasks
Python has several standard libraries that make the life of a programmer much more comfortable because a programmer does not have to write down all the code by themselves. For example, a programmer needs to connect the MySQL database to a web server? Then he can use the MySQLdb library using import MySQLdb.
The standard libraries in Python are fine tested and utilise by several people. So the programmer can be positive that it will not break their application.
The whole thing in Python is an object. Object-oriented programming (OOP) assists the programmer in solving a complex problem intuitively. With OOP, the programmer can split these problematic problems into smaller parts by creating objects.
Python programmers are excellent at writing the code of a particular problem in python language. So with the latest features like easy to learn and easy to implement it become the first option for all programmers whether they experienced one or fresher in the programming filed.