Website domains are online property of its owner and in this internet booming world thousands of domains are registered daily with different domain service providers like Godaddy, Bigrock, hostingraja, crazydomains, namecheap, Dreamhost, Name.com etc. Currently there are many domain service provider and the latest name which is added to this list is Google domains.
Yes, Google has started its own website domain registration service which is in beta version and currently need an invitation code to use this service. Earlier Google used to provide the domain service for blogger from Godaddy but now it is in direct competition with Godaddy and other domain registration service provider.
Features of Google Domains
1. Free Private Registration: Google domains will provide free private registration for new domains and transferred domains. Private registration means your name, address and other contact information will be hidden.
Other popular domain name service providers are charging extra money for domain privacy. A few days back only my domain service provider, which was giving me this feature for free, has started charging Rs.450 for 1 year.
Recommended Article: Get Alert when Google Index your Blog Pages
2. Customizable sub-domains: Google domains are also providing free sub-domain facility and user can create 100 sub-domains for free. Only few domain registration or domain hosting provider companies are providing this facility for free, else other are charging money.
3. Branded Emails: You can create up to 100 email aliases for your website and can give your email professional look for free.
4. Easy domain forwarding: Like other domain service provider Google domains also provide free domain forwarding service. So you can easily redirect or forward your new domain to old one.
5. Simple domain management tools: Google domains not only provide a full set of simple-to-use, robust domain management tools but also give user to add and modify resource records like A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, NS, PTR, SOA etc.
It also provides an easy integration facility with Google App Engine, subdomain forwarding and Google Apps setup, domain locking.
6. Good Support: Google is also known for its best support and with Google domains you will get same Google support and you can contact their support using phone and email in weekdays (Monday-Friday, 9 am to 9 pm EST).
7. Website Building: With Google domain you can immediately start building your website with some additional cost. Google has partnered with website building sites like Shopify, Squarespace, Weebly and Wix.com to help you in making the website easily with drag and drop facility.
I am sure Google domains is going to give very tough competition to popular domain registration providers and it may end the monopoly of the domain registration service provider and give customers cheap domains with the extra facility and a better experience. Now other domain service providers should give some good discounts and schemes to survive now. Let me know what are your views about this new Google initiative.