In the past, I have reviewed many useful software’s. And today I am going to review one of the freely available backup software, which will be a great asset in your software inventory. In this article, I am going to review “AOMEI Backupper Standard” which is a free multi-purpose backup software and very easy to use.
In our fast changing lives, we have many situations where we need our old data which is deleted by mistake or has been corrupted due to virus attack. So making backup of your important files and system is good way to deal with such situations.
AOMEI Backupper Standard is one such backup software for Windows 7 which can help you to take regular backup of your system and files. It is an all-in-one backup and recovery software which is easy to work and faster for users, even you aren’t an IT expert.
So, let’s know about some of the features of “AOMEI Backupper Standard”.
Features of AOMEI Backupper Standard
- Easy system backup and image creation
- One click installation
- Easy restoration from backup file
- Back up entire hard disk or specified partitions
- Backup Scheduling
- Incremental backup and Differential backup option
- Create Bootable Rescue Media
- PXE boot tool
This free backup software provides basic and advanced features to ensure the safety of your system and data. It can easily take full backup of your system, including the operating system. It can even take backup of hard disk directly to an image without overloading your workstation.
If you only want to backup individual files and folders in your system which are important to you, just use its file backup option and just choose destination folder for saving backup file. It also supports backing up files on network or Network attached storage (NAS).
In this software, there are few important utilities, which can further make your task easy and reliable. Like with “Explore and Check Image” utility you can ensure that your backup’s can be restored successfully by mounting a backup image as a virtual partition.
This software can also be used to make a Linux or Windows PE bootable media (CD/DVD disc or USB drive) for backup and disaster recovery in case of Windows cannot boot. There are few other utilities as shown below.
AOMEI Backupper, is a small software (only around 80mb) and does not require much space on your desktop/laptop and even consumes less CPU and memory. It supports latest Windows 10 and other windows such as 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP (all editions, 32 & 64 bit).
How to take backup with AOMEI Backupper Standard
Now let’s see how easily you can take backup of any file or folder with this free backup software.
1. Once you have installed the software, you will see a home screen as shown below. Just click on “Create New Backup“. You can also click on “Backup” tab on left side.
2. In the backup menu, you will see different options. For demonstration, we are choosing file backup. You can choose what best suits you.
3. Now, just choose the folder you want to backup and also provide target folder where backup’s will be saved. During this time you can choose different folders and files.
4. Once you have started taking backup, you will see progress bar. And once completed you can check your target folder for verifying.
You can download free backup software and if you are willing to get some extra features like Command line backup, Merge backup images, Backup disk space management, Windows Server support, lifetime free upgrades etc. then you should buy it’s Professional or server edition.
I am sure AOMEI Backupper Standard (free backup software) will be great rescue for you and I insist you to try it and let me know your feedback. Hope this article has given you some valuable information and if you found it useful do share it with others.